keskiviikko 10. lokakuuta 2012

Welcome to Pinkkisworld!



Hello all!

Welcome to the English-language version of my blog! I maintained a bilingual blog some years ago, but I got so bored with the English part and kept writing in Finnish. Yes, I live in Finland. Unfortunately we don't have any polarbears or icebergs here, but we do have reindeer, northern lights and Santa Claus. And lots of saunas. Everyone seems to have their own sauna. We don't. We have a nice bathtub.

I blog about my life and things that I'm interested in -- you know, stuff that people normally write on their blogs. This will not be about: outfits I wear (super boring), product-of-the-day (actually I've heavily cut down on my consumerism), nor am I focusing on just one subject, like the vegan food I cook or the renovations on our  house. This will be more like life, about everything. I make tons of typos (literally!) and since English is not my first language, I make mistakes. BUT... at least for the first few weeks/months my hubby, who's American and an editor (lucky me!) will be fixing my posts. So if you wonder why everything is so damn perfect, it's because of him. He makes my life perfect :)

I'm not talented with computer stuff, I don't know how to create interesting backgrounds or flashing pictures for my blog, so just focus on the words and pictures, okay?

A little about me (and what's this blog is going to be about): I have pink hair (first thing first, right?), I'm married (to that hubby guy), have two kids, two rescue dogs and two rescue bunnies. Animal rights are big thing in my life. I'm vegan, unemployed (I worked for an awful company for way too long, then resigned when I just couldn't take it anymore), I love Blythe-dolls, sewing, Dexter, crafts, Halloween, photography, baking, reading, tattoos, movies and so on.

I study at night, dream of getting into the university next fall (to study nutrition - I'm obsessed with food!). I've written two vegan cookbooks, "Puputyttö ja Vohvelisankari" and "Puputytön Juhlakirja", and I'm working on the third one at the moment.





I have my own business, Pinkkis. I mostly make jewelry and pouches, and other stuff when I feel like it. I don't have very active on-line store at the moment, but hope to have more products listed soon.

Hopefully you'll like my blog and will stick around. I plan on writing in English once or twice a week. I write my Finnish blog more frequently, but writing in English takes a lot more effort :).

xoxo,

Pinkkis

Me, with my red-haired dolls.




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti