perjantai 15. maaliskuuta 2013

Thank you, Welcome and HappyShinyPerson Post

First of all, Thank You so much Lara for the amazing post on your blog!!! Thanks to her, I got some new readers!! Yay!! Welcome! I hope you like it here, in my little pink corner!

Lately I've been struggling a bit with myself. Like what to do with my life and all that. I have to admit, I might have been a bit down because of it. Until yesterday -- I read about a young woman quitting her well-paying job and actually starting to live. A quote from the book The Anti 9 to 5 Guide: "Still others like Kate Greenen of Detroit, who's twenty-five and has worked in what she calls "the lucrative world of financial planning" since the age of twenty-one, find themselves asking with alarming frequency, Is this all there is?  -- I started really hating getting up. Life lost color -- I was always searching something fun to do or I was out shopping. Earn, consume, die." I too would rather be poor and happy than waste my life in a office where I hated every minute of it.

Life is so much better now than what it was a year ago, when I still was in work-hell. Being unemployed sucks, I'm not denying that. But it's not as bad as wasting your life doing something from which you get nothing but misery (and money, of course).

So I don't feel like complaining about my situation any more. I'm actually quite damn happy :) Thanks to the Finnish society, I get to have my "gap year," during which I'm able to think about what I really want to do with my life, where to aim next. And I get money while doing that. Not much, but enough.

I've been really determined to have "wind under Pinkkis' wings." I've even overcome my phobia of all things related to computers and social media. Now I'm on Pinterest and reading blogs about small businesses, trying to be more active on Facebook and on Flickr as well. It's a lot of work to keep your head above the water!! But as long as I like it, it's okay thing to do :). But it's funny how much on-line stuff can take up your time! Like time I could spend on sewing or watching bad movies :).

All this, all new opportunities and possibilities, and yes! the sun! are making me so happy I could just dance all day long! Dance and sing, but since I don't live alone I guess I'll just settle to jump around a little ;).

Have a great and sunny and succesfull weekend! Hubby, my great computer related stuff help will be adding a lot more treasures on Etsy over the weekend, so be sure to check that out!

xoxo,

Pinkkis (well actually my name is Raisa, so I guess I should use that instead).


4 kommenttia:

  1. Thanks to you & here's something for you if u want :)
    http://rrv12.blogspot.fi/2013/03/liebster-award.html

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Oh! Yay! Thanks, Lara! I do want, yes! I just need a bit time to read the rules and such, but I'm definately in!

      xoxo,

      Raisa

      Poista
  2. It's great that you took the initiative to live for yourself and not a job! Hopefully I won't get into that rut after university!
    www.kawaiicoffee.blogspot.com

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you for your comment! I'm sure you'll do fine after university, see - you're smart enought to go to university! When I was younger I took the easy way, did what ever I wanted, studied a little bit of this and a little bit of that, tried this and then that, never really finished anything. Got a job from my dad's business, who then sold it to a total a**hole and after working there for two years I was ripe enough to say I've had it! I want something of my own. I want more. And now, when I'm almost 38 I'm applying to university. But you are already in there!

      xoxo,
      Raisa

      Poista